Bench, in its 25 years of existence, has opened over a hundred stores both here and internationally, making them the undisputed Jollibee of the apparel industry.
Yes, 25 great years. The brand has constantly been a no-fail choice for Filipinos who want affordable casual clothing that doesn't sacrifice style. That their stores always seem to offer an immense selection of denim, tops, accessories, scents, hair products, and all sorts of knick-knacks make for a convenient, one-stop shopping experience. Flashier and more fashion-forward brands have landed but Bench's mass appeal has yet to be overtaken.
How so? One big reason: they don't scrimp on endorsers. And that will be in full view tonight and tomorrow night at the SM MOA Arena in Pasay City as they celebrate the milestone of making it to a quarter of a century via the Bench Universe: The 2012 Denim and Underwear Show. Celebs from both sides of the Kapamilya/Kapuso fence will be on board to don the newest Bench line.
So, if you ever wanted to see your favorite celebrities in their undies and can't wait for FHM's 100 Sexiest, this is the next best thing. There's just one tiny catch though: the show is co-ed, meaning you'll also be seeing celebrities of the non-female variety. Of the female variety, they're FHM-caliber, so that should balance things out.
To celebrate with them, we list down the 25 greatest things that Bench had done for us:
1. They once made the usually clothed Karylle wear this:
The only thing that's missing is an FHM logo hovering above her
2. Like the FHM 100 Sexiest Party, they can gather tons of female (and male) models and make them look gggoooddd.
We'll spare you the dudes...for the meantime
3. They’ve transformed the show into a testing ground for popularity. Big stars, and hot love teams get the biggest roars; former big stars get a lukewarm response and polite clapping.
4. They know what’s funny.
5. They know how hilarious bromance can be (check out the 0:46 mark of the video).
6. Their "Benchingko" films, shot in celebration of their 25th anniversary, may be a sign that Ben Chan will soon be making a foray into real movies, which are always a good vessel for some product placement. Smart!
7. They’re edgy…and a little bit bonkers.
Now available: Bench's Golden Boy Body Paint
Lady Gaga would be so damn proud
NEXT: Sexy Bench GIRLS ahead