A Second Chance was one of the most awaited Filipino films of the year. The pairing of Popoy and Basha, originally seen in 2007's One More Chance, struck a chord with audiences. It also had a lot of hugot quotes that people seem to love saying over and over again.
The sequel doesn't shy away from those quotable moments as well. Popoy, in particular, had a lot of memorable lines—lines that guys may be able to use in real life.
Want to make your girl's cheeks blush as red as the ripest tomatoes? Need a potent excuse in case you get in trouble with the girlfriend or wife? These 10 #HugotPopoy quotes might be just what you need!
(You can also read our review of the movie here!)
1) WHEN YOU NEED A REALLY CHEESY WAY TO MAKE YOUR GIRL BELIEVE IN FOREVER.
2) WHEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND CATCHES YOU HANGING OUT WITH OTHER GIRLS AND YOU NEED TO SOFTEN HER HEART WITH A BIT OF DRAMA AND SELF-PITY.
(If you aren't married, you might want to say this instead: "I lost the man you said yes to.")
3) WHEN YOU NEED ANOTHER LINE TO SAY INSTEAD OF THE USUAL "IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME" WHEN ATTEMPTING TO BREAK UP WITH HER.
4) WHEN YOU SUBTLY WANT TO LET HER KNOW THAT THE GIFT YOU JUST GAVE HER IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE BUT YOU'RE TOTALLY COOL WITH IT.
5) WHEN SHE HAS HER PERIOD.
6) WHEN SHE JUST FINISHED TAKING A SHOWER AND YOU REALLY WANT TO GET HER INTO THE MOOD.
7) WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE HER FEEL GUILTY FOR FIGHTING WITH YOU FOR THE NTH TIME THIS WEEK.
8) WHENEVER YOUR NOSY FRIEND ASKS YOU, "HOW'S MARRIED LIFE, BRO?!"
9) WHENEVER SHE ASKS YOU, "MAHAL MO PA BA TALAGA AKO?"
10) WHEN YOU WANT TO SHUT HER UP WITH A LINE THAT SOUNDS REALLY SWEET AND DEEP BUT DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.
Let's work on the premise that The King waives his no-trade clause
A short history of deadly, demonic toys
You might already have it on your bathroom shelf
Don't fork out that cold cash just yet