tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Jul 20, 2016
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

The date is finally set.

Filipino boxing icon and now Senator Manny Pacquiao's return to the ring has been scheduled on November 5 in Las Vegas, his promoter confirmed.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told the Los Angeles Times of their decision to select the date after Pacquiao’s camp said they can't make the initial October 29 fight night.

Arum also revealed that possible opponents would be World Boxing Organization (WBO) light-welterweight champion Terence Crawford or WBO welterweight title holder Jessie Vargas.

"A lot of it depends on if Manny wants to go down to 140. If he decides to go to 140 and Crawford wins, that could be the fight, but if he says no, says, 'Because of the Senate, I'm not going to be able to get down to 140 comfortably,' then he'll fight against Vargas," he said.

The 37-year-old former eight division world champion announced his retirement after beating Timothy Bradley, Jr. with a unanimous decision in their third outing last April 9.

Pacquiao then went on to win a seat in Philippine senate despite being branded as an absentee lawmaker in Congress.

He has since then vowed to prioritize his legislative duties from everything else, including boxing.

For those unfamiliar with Pacquiao's possible opponents, check out the highlight videos of Crawford and Vargas, respectively.

 

READ MORE ARTICLES ABOUT
COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES