tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Feb 15, 2017
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

American boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has belied reports that his camp has ironed out a deal and agreed to pit him in a lucrative match against Irish mixed martial arts superstar Conor McGregor.

The five-division world champion made the counter-statement on Facebook following reports that a superfight worth a billion dollars has been arranged between the two superstars.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White who has a say in McGregor’s fights also flatly denied this, MMA Weekly reports.

News of the supposed superfight was published by the Irish Sun. The report said citing insider sources that both Mayweather and McGregor’s camps have already agreed to the fight but the deal has yet to be formally signed due to a third party, presumably the UFC.

Previously, Mayweather has been revealed to have said that the fight with McGregor was “getting very, very close” but “it’s not happening until it’s officially happening.”

McGregor has been publicly provoking Mayweather to a fight since last year. Filipino boxing icon and Senator Manny Pacquiao recently chimed in the ongoing feud and offered McGregor to fight him instead if Mayweather wouldn’t.

 

COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES