The barangay may be the smallest unit of government in the Philippines, but that doesn't excuse you from making a vote and casting your ballot at the Barangay Elections this Monday, October 28.
And just in case we still need to convince you, go and read these nine sensible, no-bull reasons for you to vote for your next Kap and Kagawads wisely!
1) Who do you think organizes your barangay’s annual pa-liga? That’s right—the kapitan and his cohorts. Without them, your barkada probably won’t get to amass such a big collection of jerseys, medals, and phone numbers from adoring female fans.
'Kain ka kasi ng marami para kuhanin ka ni coach'
2) Pistahans are just the greatest, right? Vote for a great guy, and you’ll see a great program (not to mention a great selection of free-flowing lechon, pansit, and beer) on your town’s next big day.
'Kumain kayo ng marami, mga anak. Once a year lang 'to'
3) We’d all love it if the noble triumvirate of Jose Manalo, Jimmy Santos (it used to be Wally Bayola), and Paulo Ballesteros would choose our humble town for Eat Bulaga!’s "Barangay Bayanihan" segment. If your barangay’s clean and organized, it’ll have a higher chance of qualifying for the show—so it’s up to your Barangay Captain to make sure this dream will happen.
Good times are good
4) You’re a lucky bugger if there are cute chicks in your barangay's roster of candidates. Pretty faces always make things like these more bearable. If you’re a really lucky bugger, they might even campaign door-to-door!
'Minsan nagtataka nga ako kung bakit ako palagi ang nananalo eh'
5) Good leaders will make sure their constituents are well-cared for, and they will definitely provide free health services like vaccinations, check-ups, cataract operations, and libreng tuli from time to time.
'Bente-uno ka na, hindi ka pa rin tuli? Anak ng p*ta'
NEXT: Pa-blotter mo na 'yan!
LeBron James and co. had something to say to the POTUS
No Uber? No problem
Thinking about starting a collection after talking with Danielle Colby from 'American Pickers'