tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Feb 9, 2017
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

After having their condom distribution program to public school students scrapped, Secretary Paulyn Ubial of the Department of Health (DOH) has expressed her plans to undertake other measures to counter the spread of HIV/AIDS.

This time around, Ubial told Philstar that it might be a good idea to ban pornographic websites in the country.

According to her, this will prevent the public, particularly the youth to access malicious material especially on their smartphones that might lead them to having multiple sexual partners.

“I will support anything that can curb the spread of HIV/AIDS,” she said.

Ubial’s statement comes after public criticism along with opposition from some public officials forced the DOH to halt its plan to distribute condoms to sexually active secondary students at public schools.

If it pushes through, this will not be the first time porn sites will be blocked in the country since the Philippine government already conducted a crackdown last month after it blocked access to select sites for allegedly carrying child pornography.

The DOH for its part is continuously looking for options to reduce the rising number of HIV/AIDS cases in the 15–24-year-old age group where over 9,000 cases were recorded since 2011.

 

COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES