tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Jul 7, 2016
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

President Rodrigo Duterte may have just officially put an end to the “laglag-bala” scheme after issuing an order that prevents the arrest of passengers possessing bullets at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).

The new director of the Aviation Security Group (AVSEGROUP) said this was the direct order from Duterte which is in line with his campaign vow to end the extortion schemes, ABS-CBN News reported.

"Laglag bala modus operandi is a thing of the past and we assure the public that they no longer worry that they will miss their flight or get arrested at our airport for possession of an ammunition," Senior Superintendent Mao Aplasca said.

There will also be no charges filed against passengers found with bullets in their luggage. Instead, the AVSEGROUP will do a background check to determine whether there is a motive to carry ammunition.

Afterwards, they will be released immediately in time for their respective flights as long as no firearm was seized from them.

With the President's orders, the modus operandi also known as "tanim-bala" is as good as dead since airport personnel won't have any aces up their sleeves to scare off passengers.

Last year, the notorious extortion scheme wherein employees allegedly planted bullets inside luggages to extort money from owners became rampant.

Victims were mostly senior citizens or unsuspecting foreigners, easy targets for corrupt staff members.

 

Cover photo via The Telegraph

COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES