tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Sep 2, 2016
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

President Rodrigo Duterte isn't keen on giving Miss Universe host Steve Harvey a second chance after his major gaffe in last year's beauty pageant.

Tourism Secretary Wanda Corazon Teo said Duterte told her that he was against having Harvey as the host of the prestigious competition, which will be held in the country next year, the Inquirer reported.

"I'm going to talk to Miss Universe because I don't want him to be the host of Miss Universe," Teo quoted the president as saying.

During Miss Universe 2015 coronation night, Harvey erroneously announced Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the winner of the pageant.

He then returned to the stage sporting a nervously grim face, admitted his mistake and announced Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015 in what was deemed as one of the most awkward moments of the year.

Fans of Miss Colombia bashed him for apparently humiliating their representative, while Wurtzbach's follwers said his mistake cost the Queen her grand moment.

Despite this, the reigning Miss Universe said recently that she wanted Harvey back as pageant host.

Miss Universe 2016 will be held in the Philippines from January 13 to 30 next year in multiple locations, with its coronation night scheduled at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.

COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES