tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Jun 29, 2017
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

The police officer from Mandaluyong City, who was caught in a viral video committing police brutality against curfew violators late Tuesday, has been sacked from service.

Mandaluyong police chief Joaquin Alva said PO1 Jose Julius Tandog and PO1 Chito Enriques were temporarily dismissed from service pending an investigation, GMA News Online reports.

Yung ginamit ng pulis medyo sobra. Kasi makikita natin hindi naman threatened yung life ng pulis pero bumunot siya ng baril, plus nanakit pa siya.” Alva said adding that both cops are also facing administrative and criminal charges.

In the video, Tandog was seen hitting the victims hard with a wooden stick while Enriques watched on and didn’t seem to make any effort to pacify his enraged colleague.

Things got worse when Tandog kept hurting the victims, which caused one of them to run out of the detention room. The erring officer even went so far as to threaten the unarmed victim with a gun.

The officers have reportedly apologized and agreed to shoulder the hospital bill of their victims, who sustained wounds and bruises all over their bodies.

Meanwhile, Tandog said that he was willing to face whatever charges were filed against him. But he seemed shaken up and unable to answer when asked what he would do if the incident led to his permanent dismissal from police service. “Mahal ko po yung trabaho kong pagpupulis. Gusto ko po talagang magpulis,” he said adding that he will now start lengthening his patience.

 

COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES