The smoking ban will take effect 60 days after information on the executive order is publicly released, so we can expect the new regulation to be strictly implemented sometime in July.
So far, a gist of the smoking ban prohibits the following:
1) Smoking in enclosed public spaces and public conveyances except in designated smoking areas
2) For “persons-in-charge” to allow, abet or tolerate smoking in places not designated for smoking
3) For a minor to buy, sell, distribute or smoke tobacco products. Exposing minors to tobacco in any way such as selling them products or asking them to light cigarettes is also prohibited
4) Selling or distributing tobacco products within 100 meters of public places frequented by minors especially at schools, parks, playgrounds and the like
5) Advertising tobacco products within 100 meters of public places as mentioned above
Meanwhile, here’s what netizens have to say about the approval of the smoking ban.
Most were in favor of the new regulation:
While only a few seemed to object:
Some remained skeptical:
While others had related suggestions:
A lot were simply thankful:
What’s your take on the nationwide smoking ban?
Western Digital introduces the mighty My Book Duo
Wini Camacho was part of the team that came up with the original X-Class concept
Remember Ian Fleming's 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'?
Two FHM sportswriters argue over the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade