After Vhong Navarro’s tell-all interview, his alleged victimizers, Deniece Millinette Cornejo and Cedric Lee have spoken up. They insist that he tried to rape her. He cries blackmail. Who is telling the truth?
Vhong Navarro, anyare!?
The Kapamilya star is set to undergo surgery today for the damages he sustained after he was beaten up inside a condominium unit in Fort Bonifacio last Wednesday, January 22.
An initial statement made by Vhong's manager Chito Roño late last week explained how the incident allegedly went down: "Si Vhong Navarro ay naimbitahan sa condominium unit sa Fort ng isang kaibigang babae," Roño told ABS-CBN News. "At sa 'di pa malamang kadahilanan, siya ay piniringan, pinagtulungang bugbugin, ginapos, tinakot, at hiningan ng pera ng isang grupo ng kalalakihan."
Disturbing photos of the battered comedian (which he had sent to several news outlets) have been circulating around the web since Friday. At the time everyone asked: "Who did this to you, bro?"
Shortly after the photos surfaced online, social media went ablaze with rumors that Navarro was beaten up after allegedly attempting to rape a female friend. According to a blotter report filed at an undisclosed police station in Taguig, Vhong was allegedly caught in the act by the woman's male friends, which led to the beatdown and a citizen's arrest. The blotter report had the actor's signature on it, which led many to believe the report's veracity.
It was then that Vhong decided to speak up. In a tell-all interview with Buzz ng Bayan host Boy Abunda last Sunday, January 26, he revealed that he was allegedly held at gunpoint, violently beaten, tied up, gagged, and threatened by a group of men inside a condominium unit owned by Deniece Milinette Cornejo. Press play on the video below to hear Vhong's side of the story:
- Vhong and Deniece have known each other for two years, but did not keep in touch until recently, when the latter invited the former to an inuman session at her condo unit last January 17. The actor, who has a non-showbiz girlfriend, admits they fooled around that night, but did not engage in sexual intercourse.
- A second meet-up was set on January 23. Vhong, who was expecting to sort things out with Deniece, arrived at her place past 10:30 p.m. He met up with her upstairs. He proceeded to the living room but when he turned around he saw her leaving the unit. A man, who introduced himself as Cedric Lee, then suddenly entered the room and held a gun to his face.
- Cedric tied his hands and feet, forced him to the floor, and rained punches to his head. Another man blindfolded and gagged Vhong. "Kapag sumigaw ka papatayin ko pamilya mo, papatayin ko mga anak mo, papatayin kita," recalled Vhong. Several more men entered the unit and gave him another beatdown.
- The perpetrators then lifted his blindfold, pulled his trousers down, and started recording the whole thing on video. Navarro was instructed to utter the following: "Ako si Vhong Navarro, at ni-rape ko ang kaibigan ko." Vhong remembers first saying it wrong, prompting Cedric and the guys to hit him one more time. And then they played around with his privates. "Binaboy nila ako," said Vhong.
- One of the men told Vhong to hand over a cash amount of P200,000 to Deniece, which the TV personality quickly agreed to. Cedric suggested to increase it to P500,000. A guy named Mike then told Navarro that he will be brought to a nearby precinct so they could file a blotter report of the alleged incident. "Proteksyon namin ito sa'yo kasi baka magsumbong ka," he told Vhong. Vhong remembered seeing a security guard on their way to the van, but no citations were made. On their way to the precinct, Cedric increased the amount to P1 million.
- When they arrived, Deniece filed a blotter report, which Vhong signed. She noted that she wasn't pressing any charges against him. Cedric insisted now on a P2 million payment, but the actor refused. "Sabi ko wala na akong perang ganun. Hindi ko na kayang ibigay 'yun," recalled Navarro. Vhong rode in a police car along with some of his alleged attackers back to the condominium.
- Before he was let go, Vhong was given another set of instructions. "Tatawag si Cedric bukas sa'yo, ibibigay sa'yo ang bank account. I-deposit mo lang doon, tapos ang usapan," Mike told him. The men escorted Vhong back to his vehicle, but not before being giving him a final reminder, "Walang lalabas na video, walang lalabas na blotter, walang lalabas sa media, basta ibigay mo lang ang hinihingi namin ni Cedric."
Earphones on, lights off...
Of course, DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis are not the first big-man pairing in the Association
It's natural to get scared of your bayaw—just ask Ippo