Here we go brothers! The 2013 FIBA-Asia Championship will officially open tomorrow, August 1, 2013, at the MOA Arena where we'll host 14 other nations in competition. After the opening ceremonies, hoop fanatics will be treated to a seven-game opener starting at 11 a.m. with Asian powerhouse Iran and Malaysia playing for Group C. This will be followed by Jordan vs. Chinese-Taipei for Group A, Japan vs. Qatar for Group B, and China vs. South Korea for Group C.
India will take on Bahrain at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium at 6 p.m. After which, the action will swing back to MOA Arena where Gilas Pilipinas takes on Saudi Arabia at around 8:15 p.m. After that, Thailand will face Kazakhstan for the day's final game.
No doubt, tomorrow will surely be a busy day, especially for basketball junkies.
Another sure thing is that most of us will have our eyes glued on the TV screens when our national team plays. So to amp up the fun, we've prepared a FIBA-Asia drinking game for you to follow. Go get a shot glass out, a bottle of rum (or whatever your poison is), and get ready to take a shot whenever the rule book below says so! Tingnan natin kung hindi kayo malasing!
Do it! Unless you want Coach Chot and his rainbow of polos to be mad at you!
'Naka-white ako bukas, promise'
PART 1: FOR SIGHTINGS
- Drink one shot every time you see a fan waving a Philippine flag.
- Drink one shot if Coach Chot's polo has blue, red, or yellow—our nation's colors.
- Drink three shots and order a pulutan if all colors mentioned above are all present in one polo.
- Drink the whole bottle if Coach Chot is wearing a plain white polo. (Don’t worry, it won’t happen. Trust us.)
- Drink one shot for every LJ Moreno or Danica Sotto close-up. Or for that matter, any female celebrity getting a close-up. Celebrate eye-candy, we always say.
- Drink one shot every time the commentators say “BANG!”
- Drink one shot if the commentators have a hard time pronouncing a player’s name, like Turki Almuhanna and Mustafa Alhwsawi.
- Drink one shot if someone appeals to the referee. Maybe after you’re done screaming, "Asan ang foul dun!?" Drink two shots if he gets called for a technical. Drink three if it’s Coach Chot.
No blood! No foul!
NEXT: More rules!