Soy, tofu, tokwa, edamame if you want to go that way are obviously the current toast of the healthy part of culinary town. Why wouldn’t they?
These soy-based food items aren’t just versatile when it comes to taste, they also give your meals a nice heft, leaving you full and ready for yet another 8-hour shift.
Besides, they are good for you.
And has it been mentioned that they taste awesome, too?
Here are 5 reasons to start eating more of soy:
1. Christmas is fast approaching. Which translates to never-ending revelry, reunions, parties, and eventually, weight gain.
Soy contains Genistein, an active isoflavone compound that helps us stay lean by helping our bodies to produce fewer and smaller fat cells.
Which means that with soy, you can go about your merry Christmas ways and not gain as much weight.
2. Cholesterol loves you so much it won’t leave you alone. If you are like many Filipino men, chances are, cholesterol is fast becoming a concern it’s become a topic of many inuman conversations.
Well, soy is said to lower cholesterol. That’s all thanks to the bioactive peptide, Lunasin found in soybeans.
3. You haven’t been a big fan of milk. Eating a diet high in soy-based food items reduces the risk of osteoporosis and heart diseases. While osteoporosis is mostly a woman’s concern, you don’t want to end up looking like a hunchback later in the day now, would you?
4. Prostate cancer scares you. If that’s the case, soybeans could be your new best friend, then! Incorporate soybeans in your regular diet because soy-based food stuff also reduces the risk of several types of cancer, including the big P!
5. There’s a new-age girl you’ve been trying to make a move on and she’s vegetarian. What better way to impress her—or at the very least, have something to small talk about—than to demonstrate your vast knowledge and liking to soy?
Vegetarians are big on tofu because it’s a good source of protein (as well as omega-3 essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals), you see and often times, it’s always just them eating this supposedly vegetarian fare.
When they find another being who like their thing, it’ll almost seem just as cosmic. And you, by now, should know what that means to a new-age girl.
How about your get yourself a bag of Soyami Soya chips and share it with her? Soyami Soya Chips are made from 100% real soya. It contains no MSG, no transfat and non-GMO soy, making it an awesome snack!