Admit it, a lot of men don't place too much importance on the appearance of their nails. After all, manicures and pedicures aren't exactly at the top of their priorities list—not unless the girlfriend drags them on her weekly salon session.
Nevertheless, nails deserve some attention in our grooming routine. Healthy-looking nails are a good indicator of our overall health, and let’s be honest: nobody likes dirty fingernails, especially not your date.
Take note of these men's grooming tips to keep your nails in tip-top shape at all times.
1) Stop biting your nails
Having long nails increase your risk of damaging them while you go about everyday activities. Long toenails are also a hassle when you're wearing closed shoes. Keeping your nails regularly trimmed gives your hands and toes a cleaner appearance—plus pogi points.
2) Take your vitamins
Vitamins A, C, and E are not just good for your skin, but for your nails as well. On the other hand, B vitamins are important for strong fingernails. Don't forget to eat a balanced diet to help boost not just nail and skin health, but also your overall wellness.
3) Apply lotion daily
Good for your skin? Good for your nails. Lotion hydrates your nails and minimizes the risk of cracking and bleeding. Plus, it prevents growth of tough calluses. You don't want to turn-off that woman once you hold hands, right?
4) Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate
Use this simple home remedy for exfoliating: Simply combine white sugar to a moisturizer and gently rub your hands together for a minute, rinse, and re-apply the moisturizer. This will remove dead skin cells that make your skin appear dull and dry. Do this once a week and you're guaranteed to have soft hands ready for hand holding.
5) Get a mani–pedi session
Nowadays, more guys are not embarrased to actually go inside the salon to have their hands and feet pampered professionally. A mani–pedi session will not just make your hands and feet look great, but it will also help to take your mind off stress. You'll literally just sit back, relax, and enjoy. Better yet, get a hand and foot massage, too, for a complete R&R treatment.
6) …or be your own manicurista
Here's an easy DIY routine for you:
1. Soak hands in a bowl containing liquid soap to soften cuticles and your skin.
2. Use the cuticle pusher to push back the tissue any place where the nail meets the skin. This needs to be done gently; don't push it too far otherwise you'll be left with an irritated nail bed.
3. Cut your nails evenly to desired length. Start trimming each nail in the middle and then to the sides. The ideal length? A thin white strip on the end of each nail must be seen.
4. Smoothen rough edges of each nail using a nail file. Remember: go one way with the file and not back and forth like a saw.
5. Consider lightly buffing your nails, too, to give them a slight shine. The added shine gives a polished look to your hands. Just like that clear nail polish effect on your woman's cuticles
6. Lastly, massage a lotion all over hands and wrists, feet and legs. This will also restore the vital nutrients in order to look healthy and good.
Expand your taste profile (and get buzzed while you're at it)
Now this is a promotion
Rhen Escaño is your new Instagram obsession
Upgrade your footwear arsenal by taking some pointers from these leading men
People just won't stop! Werpa!