Aside from being the month of gift-giving and "kill-me-now" traffic, December is also the time of the year when we look back at the past 11 months and see if the year panned out the way we wanted it to.
But since 2014 has also been the year of the #throwback we're gonna make every last one of you feel a little bit more tanders—by going back not just 11 months but a full decade! Ladies and gents, welcome to another edition of 10 Years Ago In FHM History!
Below, the object of our nostalgic affection: FHM December 2004! Sit back and chill as we give you a virtual walk down memory lane for a peek at the awesome women and crazy shenanigans that made the issue possible!
1) First up, our cover girl!
It took us almost two years to get Regine Tolentino on our cover, and it was well worth it! We mean, it's not every month that we get to feature a beautiful lady with to-die-for curves and superb talent on the dance floor. She can do splits in three ways (right, left, and middle), people!
We'll leave that to your imagination (or you can check out ol' reliable YouTube to see her dancing prowess) while the inside photos below will tell you why we just had to have her on our pages:
2) We also asked this question that often gets thrown around in the bedroom—complete with a checklist to let you know the score of your scores!
3) If you got a low score, don't fret. Our former sexpert, Asia Agcaoili, can help you out. We miss ya, girl!
4) Of course it wasn't only Regine Tolentino who heated up our 2004 holiday issue. We also had...
Christine Co, a former Miss Asian Formula 3 who has the looks and the legs to make any man's heart race...
Mayen Castillo who we reckon could score a gig as a lingerie model...
Ava Henson who made many men scream in agony when she said "Hindi ako masyado mahilig sa sex. Once a month is enough"
And the talented singer and stage actress Lynn Sherman who made us fall in love with jazz music...
5) We're suckers for long-legged beauties, so we are super glad to have featured the ladies of the Philippine Models Association of the Philippines (PMAP) as well. Do you remember...
Rissa Samson's lethal combination of looks and brains (she was always in the Dean's List while studying in Ateneo)
Valerie de los Santos's curves in all the right places
Nicolette Bell, whose beautiful eyes could lull us to sleep
Oh, look! It's Bubbles Paraiso! Back then we proclaimed her as FHM's next rising star! #WeToldYouSo
6) Because getting HIV ain't fun, we churned out the numbers to scare the really naughty ones—for their sake!
7) Here's proof that our magazine could actually help you out in romance:
8) However, a warning: settling down could be a bitch if you're not prepared. So we gave tips like...
Our fave: be a kung-fu expert to block plates coming your way
Seriously, this tip's a winner:
See? We're not only your wingmen, we're also your family/marriage counselors!
9) Speaking of wingmen, we also interviewed one of the best wingmen (see what we did there) in PBA history: Vergel 'The Aerial Voyager" Meneses
Like a boss!
10) And this issue's best ads are:
We totally got the message without even reading the copy!
11) WHOA: GIZMOS FROM 10 YEARS AGO! Is it just us or did hardware brands have a fetish for everything silver back then?
Also, look at these old-timey games! Truth be told, we'd still play them in a heartbeat.
These movies are already a decade old. Let that sink in for a bit.
12) That issue's Ladies' Confession of the month made us think of the Bible
Hooray for forgiveness!
13) This sex headline made us think of monks in a different light
14) And since the holidays also means stuffing our tummies silly...
15) And finally, that month's Sex Position showed us how drinks can lead to a very, very good time (Spoiler Alert: We're not talking about getting drunk!)
A lot certainly went down in that issue! Now return to the present, read our current issue, and see why it will be a joy unearthing 10 years from now!