So you've met the girl you've wanted to spend the rest of your life with. She is pretty, your mom likes her, and she gets along really well with your friends.
There's one problem though: You are from North, she is from South. The struggle is real and you can probably relate to the following:
1) Dates always have to be scheduled
You always have to work out the logistics of your lakads for obvious reasons. Do you pick her up—which means leaving your house in Valenzuela three-to-four hours before—or do you take an Uber and meet halfway?
2) YOLO days/nights means insta-sleepovers!
Like that time you decided to go to Subic on a whim. Nope, no way you are driving her back to Pasay at 3 in the morning.
3) You’ve started a couple fund for tolls/gas/transportation
The Skyway is NOT CHEAP, okay.
4) You get irked when people tell you that you shouldn’t complain about your distance from each other because “some people have it worse”
It’s true. While some people need to ride planes and boats to see their SO, you technically only need to endure long car rides. But you try to explain to people that that doesn’t make it suck any less.
5) Weekday dates are the hardest
Because of the freaking Metro Manila traffic! By the time you pick her up, you’re both very tired and mildly annoyed. You try to be nice to each other, but somehow, your bad vibes show, even if you don’t intend it to.
6) You fear the day you split because she might not give your part from the couple fund
7) You don’t get to see each other as often as other couples
Sometimes, she can’t even be your date to certain occasions.
8) But you like reminding yourself that the situation only makes every date exciting
It will take a looooooooong, loooooooooooooooooooong time before you get sick of each other!
9) Visiting each other’s "turf" is fun!
Truth is, going to Parañaque always makes you feel like going on a mini vacation because everything is so new to you! And you’re almost 101 percent sure he feels the same way about Novaliches.
10) Weekend dates are whole-day affairs
All your weekends are reserved for each other. Because that’s literally the only time that you can spend together without having to worry about going home too late or getting stuck in horrible traffic.
11) You have back-up supplies at each other’s places
Clothes, underwear, toiletries—everything!
12) You’re not clingy, because you’re used to not seeing each other all the time
Like you said, every date is exciting. Every date is worth looking forward to! She lets you do your own thing and you let her do hers.
13) Whenever you talk about your future, you get into small arguments about where you want to settle down
She wants to stay in her world in the South, while you believe that staying up North is still the best. So what now?
This article originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
*Minor edits have been made by FHM.com.ph editors.