American author and relationship counselor John Gray is responsible for the ickiest relationship quote EVER: "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus."
But, as much as this pains us to say, he's right.
Men will never understand what's going through a woman's mind. They are complex, nearly unfathomable, and are mostly impossible to predict. We've had so many drinking sessions dedicated to figuring them out but to no avail.
However, we've thought of a solution: Why not go straight to the source itself? Ze ladies. Luckily, we got to convince some of them to open up. We asked them, "What's that one thing that you wish men would just KNOW?"
Below are their answers.
1) YES, SHE'S ACTUALLY JEALOUS OF YOUR GIRL BEST FRIEND.
"Sometimes men become so insensitive to the point na they don't even notice when we feel jealous of their girl best friend. They talk about these bitches a lot. Know when you should and should NOT talk about them."
– RIA, 23
2) WOMEN HAVE THEIR MOOD SWINGS BUT NOT ENOUGH MEN KNOW HOW TO ADEQUATELY HANDLE THE SITUATION.
"I hope men would learn how to handle our bipolarness."
– CLAIRE, 21
3) MEN SHOULD BE MORE CREATIVE WITH THE WAY THEY EXPRESS AFFECTION—AND NOT JUST SHOWER HER WITH MONEY.
"By effort, we don't necessarily mean na gastusan kami. We don't need material things. We just want to spend time together, like dinner, movies, and long walks on the beach."
– BERNIECE, 24
4) STAY SINGLE IF YOU HAVE YET TO OUTGROW YOUR NEED FOR NIGHTLY INUMAN SESSIONS.
"Men always make us feel that we come second to their friends. Inuuna inuman sessions with the boys rather than dates. If you can't prioritize us, better stay single."
– DESIREE, 28
5) SHE WANTS TO BE LOVED AND RESPECTED AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE THE IMPORTANT WOMEN IN YOUR FAMILY.
"We want to be respected the way they respect their lolas and mother."
– DIVYNE, 24
6) YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH COOL INTERESTS. SHE, TOO, WANTS TO BE ABLE TO DO HER OWN THING.
"Guys don't have to agree with us all the time, but please do respect our interests, opinions, career, as well as our friends."
– ALYSSA, 26
7) CHOCNUT WORKS!
"Little surprises make us feel loved. Kahit Chocnut lang after ilang days na hindi nakapagkita masaya na kami."
– NASHA, 26
8) MEN NEED TO BE MORE FLUENT IN THE DIFFERENT 'LOVE LANGUAGES' AND NOT JUST THE SEX.
"If you have a partner, discover her love language to keep the love alive. It could be through words of affirmation, spending quality time, physical touch, or gifts."
– TIN, 28
9) THE PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRUTH: WOMEN LIKE A MAN WITH INTEGRITY AND PUT A PREMIUM ON HONESTY
"I wish they knew that when they lie to us, we already know the truth and we're just waiting for them to tell us the truth."
– HAIRA, 19
"We like a man who is honest and someone whom we can confide to on bad days."
– IZZA, 25
10) ALSO V.V. IMPORTANT: A MAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAN UP AND ADMIT ONE'S MISTAKE
"I wish men knew how to sincerely say sorry. If it's clearly your fault, stop defending yourself and just say the magic word. A man who knows the meaning of the word 'accountability' is attractive."
– MARIA CHRISTINA, 26
11) BE A GOOD LISTENER
"Women always want to talk, which is why we love guys who truly listen and pay attention to our stories. If a man can remember the important details of a story I told him a few months ago that tells me that he truly listened. If a man can't remember the stories you tell him that means he isn't a good listener. How can we 'connect' if he keeps forgetting the things and the stories that matter to me?"
– ALYSSA, 26
"Kapag may sinasabi kaming problems or complaints, minsan hindi namin kailangan marinig 'yung payo ninyo. Ang gusto lang namin minsan is to feel that you are there for us during these tough times. Makinig na lang muna kayo. Kung gusto naming advice, pupunta kami sa tatay namin."
– JHUANA, 27
GIFs via Giphy.com