In their May issue, food porn experts, Yummy magazine ran a Cheap Eats guide, a story that features 50—50!—of the best cheap food finds around the metro.
Knowing that there's more to it than days in a month, we went through their list and weeded out the ten best joints for you. While lady food stuff —think healthy, clean places with ambiance that your girlfriend takes you to—is good, we thought we'd list down those places you can eat like a man on the wild: huge portions, cheap prices, little ambience.
Think of them as places you and your friends can head off to after a basketball game, a stop-over before heading off to a road trip, or, a place to get your fill after one of those infamous exploits.
(See the gallery for salivating photos and accompanying details)
1. Ya Kun Kaya Toast. Great breakfast fare. Singapore's pride.
Visit: G/F Fern Bldg. Escriva cor. General Araneta, Ortigas Pasig City.
2. Masuki. Their the second-generation of folks who brought you Ma Mon Luk. Need we say more?
Visit: 268 Unit 203 Saki Center, Ortigas Ave. cor. Madison St., Greenhills San Juan
3. Beach House. UP Diliman find! Barbecue best at student, nay iskolar-ng-bayan-friendly prices.
Visit: Right beside the University Library, UP Diliman, QC.
4. Rodick's. Their tapsilog didn't reach an almost mythical status for nothing. And because it's located in UP Diliman, you know you'll get the good stuff at student prices
Visit: Store number 9, UP Shopping Center, UP Diliman
5. Kuya's. Food fare that you don't already know, just made better. Try their twice-cooked Adobo.
Visit: 21 Bayani Road Fort Bonifacio
WORDS BY: LOU E. ALBANO
PHOTOS BY: JAKE VERZOSA COURTESY OF YUMMY MAGAZINE