How the hell did a bunch of voice-over quotes embedded in a cropped, reversed video clip of a man's back give us the heebie-jeebies?
We don't exactly know why, but that's what happened when we watched the first trailer for the eponymous movie about the late Apple co-founder, Steve Jobs. And all we can say is that its simple yet subtle approach did an awesome in building up the anticipation. Yep, no need for much teasin' and CGI here to get you all stoked for the movie!
Lads, here is the official first look at Steve Jobs, which will be in theaters October 9:
Video via Universal Pictures
Didn't we tell you? Go on, and hit replay!
A few takeaways and reaction to the trailer:
- It would be interesting to see how Michael Fassbender fares in playing the role of Steve Jobs, especially since he really doesn't look like the late Apple chief.
- Actor-comedian Seth Rogen will portray Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. We say he has at least the looks to pull it off!
- Rogen's line "What do you do?" is quite distracting
- Are those quotes really from Jobs ("The musicians play the instruments. I play the orchestra," "I sat in a garage and invented the future.")?
- That final scene wherein the iMac was first unveilied in 1998 never gets old!
Your thoughts, FHM Nation?
Don't spend your bonus just yet
The PUMA Marine Pack and New Balance 247 Mid are no pushovers
We have to hand it to those pretty boys from Korea—they arent afraid to experiment with hair
The dino whisperer is back in the 'Jurassic World' sequel
This couple is aiming for a seemingly unfeasible feat