The tiara on Pia Wurtzbach's head should be enough to end the debate as to who deserves to be named FHM Sexiest Woman this year. Her beauty and personality have outshone the entire world, so who's stopping her from getting her hands on the FHM trophy? The answer: a lot. (And you can vote for all of them here!)
Once again, we've all got a tough job on our hands in ranking the country's most beautiful women. From reigning Nation's Finest Jennylyn Mercado to former titlists Marian Rivera and Sam Pinto to white-hot up-and-comers Arci Muñoz and Yassi Pressman, this year's race, one can argue, will be tougher than the presidential elections. So allow us to make a case for this year's frontrunners, starting with our country's third Miss Universe winner.
Here are our reasons:
1) In the world she moves in—one that is not lacking in other beautiful women—she's displayed enormous self-confidence. She's been a good role model, and even promotes other Miss U hopefuls in her feed. Who knows how many judges' decisions she'll sway by endorsing all these other contestants—Maxine, included. Her message to our next Miss Universe entrant is sincere and inspiring.
2) Look! She likes kids! Who doesn't root for a woman who shows that she might someday be a good mom?
3) She's an inspiration to an entire generation of young Filipina girls. She's shown them how to conduct oneself with grace and respect. And listen to the way she talks. She's proud of speaking English without borrowing a fancy American accent—and it sounds beautiful and natural.
4) Pia is the woman of your dreams.
5) She's very outspoken about her convictions. Along with her fight against cyberbullying, Pia has been true to her word regarding creating awareness for HIV. In a CNN interview, she says, "I want to use my voice to help lift up those who are living with HIV and to bring awareness to young people who do not know how to protect themselves against this virus.”
6) She's a sorceress, and we're all under her spell.
7) She makes random "live updates" that would annoy us...if she were another girl.
8) She's a Disney fan.
Even more important: She's a Final Fantasy fan. She's the ultimate proof that even the most beautiful girls can be gamers too. With the exchange of tweets between her and Square, she's single-handedly smashed the stereotype that girls can't be avid gamers.
What other reasons can you think of that proves why Pia Wurtzbach should be FHM's Finest this year? Think of them while you vote her here!
Because not all hoodies are made equally, here's a look at the three main breeds
Snaps from Pia, Liza, Marian, Solenn, and Nadine top the list
Not just because LaVar Ball said so
Next-gen heroes on the rise. The coming of 'unconventional' hoops. The end of Big Four's dominance? Which storyline will rule in 2018?