According to Arum, the unfortunate development was due to financial issues in putting together the fight, ABS-CBN News reports.
Pacquiao and Khan were initially scheduled to duke it out in the United Arab Emirates on April 23 after both fighters confirmed last month that they have finally reached an agreement. Prior to this, Pacquiao was reported to be facing undefeated Australian boxer Jeff Horn.
In both instances, Arum never confirmed anything. He even said at one point that the fight wasn’t happening as he had no knowledge of the deals.
But he said he had a fight proposal for Pacquiao that may well happen in June this year.
The two have been going at it since last year with McGregor initially saying that he could easily beat the undefeated Mayweather only if he would come out from retirement and face him.
According to the International Business Times, Mayweather is just waiting for McGregor to accept his offer of $15 million guaranteed with pay-per-view revenue.
“You said you’re a boss, just sign the paper and let’s make it happen,” Mayweather said.
At this rate, it seems like both Pacquiao and Mayweather won’t be getting any matches soon. So why don’t they just face each other again for another megafight?
We’re crossing our fingers that it happens but hopefully it turns out much better than the massive borefest billed as the “Fight of the Century.”
Now you know what to show and tell your barber
Hadouken in time for the game's 30th anniversary
Gilas Pilipinas can no longer cite 'lack of practice' as an excuse for not hitting their tournament targets
Uncle Drew is down
Prepare yourself for some extra cheese (and their Manila concert)