Cheers to another round of San Miguel vs. Alaska bakbakan!
Raise your glasses, San Miguel and Alaska fans: Your teams are about to start yet another PBA Finals dance!
Game 1 of the 2015 PBA Governors' Cup Finals between the Alaska Aces and the San Miguel Beermen kicks off tomorrow, July 10, at the Mall of Asia Arena, putting the proverbial exclamation point to a conference which has been nothing short of surprising.
This matchup though is anything but surprising. The top two seeds after the elimination round (Alaska finished atop the standings), both teams have been showing their A-game. In fact, they only needed a total of seven games to dispose of their respective semifinal foes—one shy of a double sweep. Lakas!
This is also their second Finals duel this season. Coach Leo Austria's boys won the first time out (Philippine Cup Finals) in seven grueling games, so you can bet your next sweldo the Aces are looking for payback.
Sit back, relax, and chill, PBA fans, this is going to be doozy! And while you're at it, why don't you get some booze to spice up your viewing. But don't just chug down every shot or bottle that comes your way—let's make it a little bit more interesting!
See below: FHM's 2015 PBA Governors' Cup Finals drinking game!
Enjoy and, as always, drink moderately.
PART I: OFF THE COURT
- Down one shot/chug whenever Magoo Marjon says "BANG!"
Video via bong pasaje
- Drink two if the cameraman focuses on a hottie spectator.
- Drink one whenever you see Alaska's mascot, E. Cow, egging the fans on, two if he's jeering the Beermen.
Video via Video via MrWattatoe
- Share shots with your pals when you see the Ulalam segment; drink two each if any of the "guests" have trouble keeping the grub in (read: they have really large spoonfuls). Then go to the nearest sari-sari store if you still don't have pulutan.
- Chug one down if the camera focuses on PBA WAGS (wives and girlfriends). Here's a nifty guide in case you're clueless.
- Drink three shots/chugs if you hear cuss words from the crowd. This doesn't normally happen, hence the number of swigs.
- Down one if you see fans dancing. Drink two if they're twerking. Drink three if they're twerking to "Twerk it like Miley."
PART II: FOR SAN MIGUEL
- Drink one shot/chug whenever Arizona Reid does his "three fingers to the head" salute. Look out—he usually does this after a made trey, and we all know the man's a legit sniper.
- Down two shots/chugs after every successful Arwind Santos two-handed "Spiderman" dunk. Drink three if his shoes kiss the backboard after.
Video via San Miguel Beermen PBA
- Drink two shots/chugs for every successful Ronald Tubid flop.
- Drink two shots if both Marcio Lassiter and Chis Lutz reach double figures in scoring.
- Chug one down every time June Mar Fajardo makes a turnaround J. Hey, it happens!
Image via Spin.ph
- Down one shot/chug whenever Reid fixes his dreadlocks. His 'do is a pain to manage so he's bound to do it a lot in the games.
- Down another when Coach Leo speaks tag-lish during timeouts.
- Drink four shots/chugs whenever a Shaqtin A Fool-worthy blooper happens to a Beerman. This is the Finals so it's not supposed to happen here.
- Drink two shots/chugs whenever Santos' headband flies off. Keep it on for our livers, Arwind!
Image via Spin.ph
- Drink three shots/chugs every after Yancy De Ocampo three. You haven't heard? YDO is now a Beerman (though he'll probably play spot minutes behind The Kraken and Jay-R Reyes)!
PART III: FOR ALASKA
- Drink one shot/chug for every Calvin Abueva flop. Drink two if it involves Tubid.
- Down two shots/chugs whenever Sonny Thoss executes his patented spin-then-layup move in the post. He's no spring chicken anymore and he'll probably expend more energy playing D on Fajardo so this could be a rare sight in the Finals.
Video via Ven Madriñan
- Drink three shots/chugs if Coach Alex Compton speaks Filipino all the way in a huddle.
- Chug one down for every alahoy from RJ Jazul or JVee Casio.
- Drink two shots/chugs every after shoving match involving Abueva. Drink three if former BFF Gabby Espinas is in the scene as well.
Image via Spin.ph
- Down one for every "Skyrus" Baguio highlight. He's bound to make a bunch so be prepared!
- Drink two shots/chugs for every made Sam Eman shot, three if it's a slamma-jamma. Bonus points!
- Down a couple if Eric Menk makes it to 10 points. Don't laugh—the grizzled vet still has what it takes to be a magic bunot.
- Drink two shots/chugs for every three successful Noy Baclao jumpers. He did it against Purefoods in Game 2 of the semifinals so don't think you're safe here.
- Drink two for every steal made by Ping Exciminiano, three if it results to a fastbreak layup, four if it's an and-1. Marc Pingris ain't the only "Ping" to watch out for in the league.
You'll probably be puking buckets by the end of each Finals game if you follow these to a tee so, if you feel you've had enough, just beg off from the boozing. Your pals will tease you for it, but that's better than forever ruining your reputation by decorating your surroundings with your homemade salsa or challenging strangers to fistfights. Right, Baron?
In celebration of Stan Smith Day
Nick Oyzon is in the house!
Paging the local government