Ah, the Padfone, one of the most hotly-anticipated devices from ASUS in recent years. We waited for it, since May of last year to be exact, and we're one with the whole tech community in saying that it's a very interesting device, at the very least, and we're relieved the Taiwanese-titan finally took the wraps off it. We're excited to handle one since it's not everyday that you get your hands on a smartphone that can transform into a tablet, which the ASUS Padfone is. However, we have to wait a bit for now since it's still yet to be released. Speaking of availability, we're curious, once it formally lands here in the Philippines, how much do you think will such a unique device be priced? P30,000? P40,000? Let us know in the poll and/or comments section below. Oh, to help you out, here are the specs of the Padfone. You could also check out the gallery for press photos.
- Display: 4.3-inch, Super AMOLED display (960 x 540 pixels), 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen (tablet)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Scorpion
- RAM: 1GB
- Capacity: 16/32/64GB (expansion via microSD, up to 32GB)
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
- HDMI: Yes
- Imaging: 8MP main camera with autofocus and LED flash, VGA secondary
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Battery boost: Yes, via tablet dock
- Stylus: Yes, via tablet dock
Note: ASUS says the tablet dock is an optional item although it's still not sure if the Padfone units that will be sold here are "hard bundled" (sold together with no smartphone-only option). The poll below is for the handset with tablet pricing.