Quad-core handsets are still pretty rare these days. In fact, only a couple of these bad boys has managed to arrive here in the Philippines, the HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S III. Come July, we could be seeing another one in the form of LG's own Tegra 3-powered Optimus 4X HD.
This interesting bit came from TechLokal which reported that LG Philippines has revealed that its own quad-core handset will be launched here in July. In case you didn't know, the Optimus 4X HD is deemed as the successor of last year's dual-core Optimus 2X. We first heard of the device back in February before the festivities of MWC 2012 kicked off and we found out that it has the innards worthy of a flagship device, as expected. See below.
- CPU: 1.5GHz Nvidia Tegra 3
- RAM: 1GB
- Capacity: 16GB internal (expandable up to 32GB via microSD)
- Imaging: 8-megapixel camera with 1080p HD video, 1.3-megapixel secondary
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS LCD (1280 x 720)
- NFC: Yes
- Wireless: 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Platform: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Dimensions: 132.4 x 68.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 133g
No word yet on exact local roll-out details and pricing, but the simple fact that it's surely coming soon is enough to satisfy us, for now at least. In the meantime, you could check out the gallery below for the other flagship phones the Optimus 4X HD is set to battle when it finally lands here.