The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has released its latest report on the 10 highest-paying professions in the country. The findings are based on the latest Occupation Wages Survey (OWS) conducted by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
According to the data, some of the top high-paying occupations in the country are under air transport; architecture and engineering; and animated film and cartoon production.
Here’s the full list of the professions, plus their average monthly salary.
1) Aircraft Pilot, Navigator, and Flight Engineer – P 156, 823
2) Engineering Geologist – P 101, 471
3) Graphic Designers – P 99, 658
4) Art Directors – P 76, 612
5) Industrial Machinery Mechanics and Fitters – P 76, 550
6) Geologists in the field of Mining – P 71, 849
7) Statisticians in the field of Insurance, Reinsurance, and Pension Funding – P 56, 759
8) Crushing, Grinding, and Chemical-Mixing Machinery Operators – P 49, 646
9) Communications Service Supervisors – P48,270
10) Production Supervisors and General Foreman – P47, 521
The nationwide survey is meant to help create data that may be useful for wage and salary administration and wage determination in collective bargaining negotiations.
Also discussed in the report are the qualities that employers look for in an applicant. Teamwork and interpersonal skills, internship and part-time job experiences, functional skills, and behavioral skills, are some of it.
On the other hand, top functional skills that one should possess (and should be on your resume) include communication skills, trainability, competence, problem solving and analytical skills, and technical know-how.
Lastly, top behavioral skills are willingness to learn, initiative, loyalty and integrity, self-motivation, and self-confidence.
Along with the study, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III also advised jobseekers and job hoppers to be equipped with the right labor market information to guide them in choosing their career path.
“Makakatulong sa mga estudyante at sa mga naghahanap ng trabaho ang mga information and education materials na regular na ipinalalathala ng Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) sa kanilang pangangalap ng impormasyon ukol sa merkado sa paggawa,” says Secretary Bello.
The situation is ripe for sports entertainment of the humorous kind
Publicity stunt or public service?
He was caught sexting multiple women who all turned out to be one dude
The country dropped from the 38th rank to 39th this year
'I usually observe if the piping and stuff is new'