Sorry, no results were found for
What We Know So Far About The 5th London Terror Attack This Year
The incident could have proven deadly if not for a suspected faulty timer
by Andrei Medina | Sep 18, 2017
Most Popular

A recent bomb blast once again rocked the London Tube, the world's oldest underground rapid transit system. Fortunately, there were no fatalities but authorities said the incident could have proven deadly if not for a suspected faulty timer. Here's a short summary of what happened:

On Friday, a bucket nail bomb believed to be an improvised explosive device exploded at the Parsons Green underground station in London during the morning rush hour.

At least 30 people were reportedly injured in the blast and the ensuing panic afterwards. Due to this, Prime Minister Theresa May raised the UK threat level to critical—the government was expecting another attack.

May also called the incident a "cowardly attack," while rebuking US President Donald Trump for his tweet that seemed to speculate the facts despite an ongoing investigation.

The Islamic State, as usual, claimed responsibility for the incident. However, UK security officials said there was no evidence proving this.


British authorities have so far arrested two suspects: an 18 and 21-year-old man. Meanwhile, the threat level has been reduced to severe, which means an attack is still highly likely.

The Parsons Green station has since been reopened, although heightened security is being enforced in London with a noticeable increase in police and military visibility.

This has been the fifth terror attack in London this year. Last May, at least 22 people were killed after a bomb rocked the Manchester Arena as people were leaving the Ariana Grande concert.


View other articles about:
Most Popular
Latest Stories
Most Popular