Sorry, no results were found for
Duterte's Communications Team Is Planning A Weekly TV Show
How about 'Duterte Tonite' or 'Lagot Ka Kay Digong'?
by Andrei Medina | Jun 7, 2016
Most Popular

Former TV news anchor and incoming Presidential Communications Operations Office Chief Martin Andanar has laid out his plans for Malacañang’s communications strategy under the new administration.

After meeting with outgoing Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Sec. Sonny Coloma, Andanar said in a press conference that he plans to revamp the current system to include a weekly TV program which emulates Davao City’s Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa to better reach out to the public, according to GMA News.

“It's essentially a program that talks to the masa and addresses problems of the masa. It's as transparent as you can get...I would propose to bring that here in Manila and make it a national program,” he said.

Another plan is for Malacañang to have its own weekly tabloid paper, although he admitted these plans have yet to be finalized. “The vision of that (tabloid) is essentially to tell the people what are the available services of the government. And also to print the achievements or the policies that the people need to know,” outlined Andanar.


According to the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the communications team also wants to establish better online presence due to the changes brought about by technology. “We also want to build the online presence. We would like to build platforms,” Andanar said.

Andanar’s statement comes after Duterte’s camp announced that the incoming president will not be holding any more press conferences. Duterte previously received flak for catcalling two female reporters during separate press conferences held in the first week of June, as well as his remarks on media killings.

This story originally appeared on
*Minor edits have been made by the editors.

Photo from Martin Marfori Andanar's Facebook page

Most Popular
Latest Stories
Most Popular