To your knees, FHM Nation. A queen is celebrating her birthday today.
We're talking about none other than the Queen Of Costumes, the First Lady Of Role-Play, the Ambassadress Of Geek (and FHM cover girl) Alodia Gosiengfiao!
The Internet celebrity/gamer/otaku/model/doll collector/TV host (and a whole lot more) turned 27 yesterday, March 9—although she looks like she stopped aging when she hit 19.
We failed to get her a birthday cake yesterday, so as consolation, we give her something that we know we're kinda good at: making lists! In this case, a list of things that makes our birthday girl a bonafide dream girl. Put on your Ash Ketchum hat on, nerds!
1) Anyone who's a genuine fan of robot of the year, Baymax, is a person worth treasuring.
OMG Thank you to Hearts and Bells Cake Artistry for this awesome #BigHero6 #Baymax Birthday Cake!❤️ It's so cute, I don't want to eat it!!!😱 http://fb.com/heartsnbells Yesterday was a blast... I don't know where to start! I received tons of surprises... Thank you to everyone who came to my surprise bday parties yesterday..*preparing a super long post*
2) While all you other ladies out there get obsessed with fad diets, she's munching on fast-food!
Good morning!! Starting the day at @McDo_PH Eaton Centris for National Breakfast Day with sis @ashlili!☺️ Lotsa people enjoying their free McMuffin! Woohoo! Thank you for all the early birthday greetings~~💕 #McDoBreakfastDay Special thanks to Taline Louie http://lunaria.ca/ for my cute Sailormoon Tee and Pokemon leggings~❤️
3) She got invited to sketch up an armor set for DOTA and came up with something pretty wicked.
Just sketched something today.... What if #DoTA2's Witch Doctor had an Ati-Atihan Festival Set? 😊 OMG I just got an invite to design DoTA2 items! Which is why I sketched the WD hahah! What character armor set, ward or courier would you like us to make?☺️ I'm so happy and honored when I got an invite to work with an amazing team of talented artists from different parts of the world! And it'll be on one of my fave video games! I honestly rolled around on my bed (I can't jump yet coz of my knee surgery) when I got an email from them! The team consists of Chay Johansson who is from New Zealand and now does film VFX. Anwar Bey-Taylor is from San Francisco, http://mindtravelerdesign.com/ . Both of them used to work for Blizzard on World of Warcraft and Starcraft. Simon Boxer is from Melbourne and his works are at http://facepocalypse.com/ ! All of them are amazing artists who've done work with other video games as well! And their team has made DoTA items that are also out on Steam Market! Here are some of their DoTA works: https://vimeo.com/115232291 https://vimeo.com/116750183 So excited to work with these talented guys on DoTA 2 items! Just let us know what you want to see! So far, we are targeting to make a Witch Doctor set since Winter Wyvern isn't customizable just yet. If you have crazy ideas, do share it with us! ❤️
4) Art books, man. Not all the girls dig 'em but this one does.
5) She can draw sexy girls better than we ever could!
6) She has a thing for, ahem, staffs. Innuendo!
7) Cat people are people with a lot of love to give.
8) She likes memes. (OMG, just so like us! <3)
9) She's got some mean piano-playing chops.
10) The MRI machine reminds her of Cerebro. Geek reference!
11) This girl's made of the tough stuff. Alodia had surgery performed on the torn ACL on her knee—11 years after the injury occurred.
Today, I just came home from the doctor.. An orthopedic surgeon. I'll be undergoing knee surgery early next week and might not be able to walk for a while...😞 Thanks to www.JackOfAllTradesClothing.com (USA) for my Justice League shirt and to @hup_watches for my cool black watch ☺️ 🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹Full Post 🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹 Back in High School, I got into a cheerleading accident - ACL (torn ligament) injury because I landed on my knee during one of the stunts we were practicing for a competition. Got a cast and I couldn't walk for weeks. It was sad. I wasn't able to join the competition and eventually I had to quit the team and so I focused on my art which lead me to cosplay. It was a blessing in disguise and it's all great! Anyhow, I didn't get an operation because I thought maybe in the future there might be new tech that could cure it better... But despite being handicapped, in college I joined running class and was almost always ahead of the group... Sometimes it hurt, but it's fine, I was still ok... I pretended and made myself believe I was fine. But recently, my knee has been bothering me... I have a high tolerance for pain but I've been dealing with this for 11 years. There were actual times where I had to hop home alone in Japan with my better leg so that the injured knee won't get any pressure... The doctor said back in 2003 that it should start bothering me when I'm around 25 or 26 yrs old.. And yes, the inevitable came. Now, I can't walk much and can't even do treadmill anymore. It feels very wobbly... I really need to go with the operation soon since I travel a lot for my work. But that means down time..:( I won't be able to do what I normally do for a while. Will have to cancel some plans & shoots… But despite that, I won't let it stop me from doing what I love..... Even during recovery period… (Right now, I have a dislocated right shoulder, fracture in my tailbone and ACL on my left knee) To all those experiencing setbacks in life, please don't give up! Keep fighting! *hugs* God has great plans for you! And don't stop believing in yourself~!Continue reading below ↓
12) She's friends with the guys from one of our favorite game sites, Kotaku!
Oooh!😱 This just arrived all the way from Osaka - "Cosplay World" book!! 207 pages of vivid pictures, amazing write ups and stories behind each artist featured!😊 Thank you to my Kotaku friends Brian Ashcraft, Luke Plunkett and Prestel for including my cosplay!💕 They also featured a couple of my awesome cosplay friends and other wonderful cosplayers all over the world!👍 Check it out : #CosplayWorld on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/pfh5as2 ✨
13) She likes non-mainstream animals like camels and llamas and freaks created by Final Fantasy legend Yoshitaka Amano.
14) And yes, even bugs. She ain't afraid of no uwang!
15) We get the geek-goosebumps whenever we see these two ace cosplay hotties together in one photo. (Hey Myrtle, we'll make you a list like this too when it's your birthday!)
Continue reading below ↓
Happy happy 20th birthday to cosplay cutie/hottie, PBB teen winner and my dear friend @myrtlegail! I remember the days you were just starting out in the cosplay scene! And now you've done so much!! Thank you for spreading the Cosplay love! Congrats and keep it up!! Photo at @yexelstoymuseum, Manila Ocean Park!
16) PS1 = major street cred. (Alodia, if you're reading this, we'd like to test your knowledge on PS RPGs with this question: What true rune does Jowy Atreides own? No Wiki-ing!)
17) This badass Diablo 3 cosplay.
First selfie of 2015!❤️ I love my new #Diablo3 Demon Hunter gear from my gaming/cosplay buddy Krizdel Ingreso! Thank you dearie!😘 Check out her page for more of her amazing crafts! She has insane crafting skills! https://fb.com/krizdelwonderland :D See you guys in DOHA Qatar next weekend!!! January 9 2015 at the Al Arabi Football Stadium! More info here: http://tinyurl.com/kh4jyub ❤️ #cosplay
18) There's a toy version of her. They should sell these at ToyCon!
19) She's been a rising star in our 100 Sexiest rankings. Could she crack the Top 10 this year?
Wow #14!! I still can't believe how that could happen because I really don't think I'm worthy!>.< I've done some sexy cosplays in the past (eg Witch Blade, Morrigan) but I'm still pretty shy to do all-out bikini shoots/cosplay and wear them at the beach/pool~ Cheers to fellow guys who'd rather stay home and play games or make art all day~Hahaha! I'm the in-door type...just behind the computer most of the time..:) My night life is usually partying......up in game with my friends and battling with other gamers online hahaha! *coughHOTScoughCODcough* Thanks to @fhmphilofficial for the feature again!! And to everyone who voted for me this year! You guys are awesome!! ❤️ 2014 #14, 2013 #20 & cover, 2012 #86, 2011 #88, 2010 #76, 2009# 87Continue reading below ↓
20) She has what every Filipino wants: a selfie with Manny Pacquiao!
21) Just like all of us, she went through...PUBERTY. Shudder.
22) Most important of all: She can get girls to turn lesbian. (See comment number 4.)
Once again: Happy Birthday, Alodia! Love, your FHM fans!
May you wear more costumes in the future (preferably like the one in the last photo!)