Here's something that will keep you happily occupied this sembreak: Yahoo! Philippines is launching the Purple Hunt 3.0 Family Edition – a four-week long online treasure hunt that will give participating families a chance to win, among others, a Presidio condominium unit at Lakefront from Camella Condo Homes. Ring-a-ding! Read along.
Since Yahoo! is partnering with GMA, Magic 89.9, Fox International Channels, Vista Land, Airphil Express, McDonalds, MyPhone, and SM North Edsa in this campaign, winners will have the privilege to take home Globe Tattoo Broadband Sticks, mobile phones, party packages, and all-expense paid trips to several domestic destinations. So yeah, you’re gonna wanna win this one.
Well, it’s not just the prizes. The goal is to bring the whole family together to explore the Web, and spend quality time bonding and discovering Yahoo’s three values – Pledge together, Surf together, and Play together. It also promotes responsible use of the Internet by educating parents and their children about online safety and netiquette. See, we’re old school like that!
Each participating family will have a set of assignments to complete, taking them to different Yahoo! properties and other channels and social media sites and channels to unlock clues and tasks. A family consisting of at least one parent and one child above the age of 13 is eligible to participate in the treasure hunt by following these simple steps:
- Sign up for the Yahoo! Purple Hunt Family Edition at www.purplehunt.com.ph.
- Register the rest of the family’s Yahoo! Mail accounts and identify the role of each member (mother, daughter, etc.)
- Nominate a parent or a legal guardian who will be the main player for the Purple Hunt game.
- Create an awesome team name for your family ala "Pamilya Rigodon" or "Corleone Brothers".
- Pledge to Yahoo! Safely. Once the family makes the pledge, a mail will be sent to the nominated family member that will unlock the first task. Proceed from there!
“We seek to infuse our campaigns and all that we do with a touch of “purple”. We want to pursue our passion to drive positive change in the Philippines, become an essential part of the life of Filipino families and make a meaningful contribution to the local society,” says Arlene Amarante, Country Ambassador of Yahoo! Philippines.
“The success of Purple Hunt proves that it is more than just an online adventure; it is an extension of Yahoo’s brand values of being human, innovative, relevant and fun.”
A beautiful condo unit and a happy family – we say that’s a win-win situation right there. For more information on the Yahoo! Purple Hunt, visit the campaign’s official site here.