Hands down, Jolina Magdangal was the most charming Pinay cutie pie of the late '90s - early '00s. She's the perennial apple of our eyes and the showbiz industry's unanimous peg for wholesomeness and baby face-dom. Jolens, in hindsight, was good vibes personified.
However, one particular news we read about her earlier this week just woke us up to the fact that Jolina is a li'l gal no more. (Yes, even if she's been in her 30s for quite sometime now, we still think of her as a little girl. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.) The Kapuso actress and wife to Rivermaya's Mark Escueta for almost two years now recently confirmed to PEP.ph that she is expecting a little bundle of joy. Yay!
"Yes, I am pregnant," Jolina reveals. "Happy, very happy. Siguro hindi lang din sa family namin kung hindi maging sa friends namin. Nagugulat nga ako, yung mga super-super close na sinabihan ko lang, matagal na pala nilang pinagpi-pray yun sa amin. At sana tuloy lang yung prayer sa amin." Congratulations, you two!
Dear Jolens, since you're well on your way to becoming a mommy now, can we look back at your "Chuva Choo Choo" days one last time? Below are 5 GIFs explaining how and why we fell in love with Jolina Magdangal.
1) We always saw Jolens as the little sister/bestfriend/potential girlfriend we never had.
2) We all once wished we'd have a girlfriend as twisty and upbeat as Jolens. Good morning, my labs!
3) Juday and Claudine may be the best at crying onscreen, but Jolina has long mastered the kinikilig face.
4) Not many people realize this, but one day songs such as "Kapag Ako Ay Nagmahal," "Kahit Na Anong Mangyari," and "Laging Tapat" will make it in the classic Pinoy songbook.
5) Maricel Soriano is best known for her quirky roles, something Jolina inherited with open arms.
NEXT: How Marvin Agustin reacted to the news of Jolina's pregnancy
Stressed with the Monday grind? We feel you
FYI: Students can avail of the fare discount even on the weekends
The Celtics star had no regrets
Use your tongue wisely
Durability + faster internet = win