So, Jade Lopez and Danielle Castano's will be signing autographs at the Robinsons Galleria Movieworld tomorrow, February 11. Here is an 8-point bet-you-didn't-know list about this month's cover babes that should give you an idea on how to small-talk these ladies tomorrow!
1. Jade Hanzel Lopez was born on October 22, 1987 in Tanuan City, Batangas. And while Batangas itself is universally known as the balisong capital of the world, Jade admits that she has never held or owned a fan knife in her life.
2. Despite gaining fame as a beauty queen and not as an actress, Danielle wants to take her showbiz career seriously, particularly in the craft of acting. "You really have to study and try to perfect it no matter what your craft is because I know that it will help my future,” she says.
3. Jade admits that she only started wearing bikinis last year, basically around the same time she decided to embrace edgier and sexier roles. Says Jade during an interview back in 2009: "Hindi ko kayang mag- topless. Two-piece, as in swimsuit talaga, okey lang. Pero hindi ko yata kaya kung panty or bra.” Well appearing on FHM is a good start!
4. Danielle landed the role of Gregoria de Jesus in the 2010 Cinemalaya entry Ang Paglilitis ni Andres Bonifacio, beating more than a hundred actresses who auditioned for the film. And check out the actress she replaced for Gregoria’s role: Angel Locsin. Big time!
5. Jade claims she indulges in kapeng barako as often as she can, a coffee varietal notably grown in the provinces of Batangas and Cavite. A Batangueno with a taste for ultra strong coffee is as feisty as a babe can get.
6. Danielle also has a history of being a palaban: during a vacation with fellow beauty queen and FHM babe Maggie Wilson in Boracay, the two laid the smackdown on several Boracay natives after engaging in a little mishap at a bar. In their defense, Maggie claims that “they’re the ones who threw the first punch.” Feisty!
7. Jade has a bachelor’s degree in BS Psychology at San Beda College in Manila. One particularly interesting note about her college years: Jade spent days working at a psyched ward as part of her on-the-job training.
8. Danielle spent most of her childhood years in California, and was quite the athlete back in high school. She reveals that she was part of the track and field and cross country varsity teams in Herbert Hoover High School. Score!