Did you participate in the Metro Manila-wide earthquake drill held earlier, known as the Metro Manila Shake Drill? Or were you among those who played hooky and holed up somewhere else, or caused delays during the drill with your ill-timed selfies?
If you behaved like the latter, well, shame on you for thinking that being a killjoy is cool and not realizing the essence of this (honestly, hassle of a but really necessary) dry run. Heck, even your favorite local celebrities took part in this momentous "crisis"...
In light of that, we here at FHM gathered the Twitter and Instagram posts of some of the country's prettiest prominent personalities to, perhaps, coax you in getting involved if ever there will be a #MMShakeDrill 2.0. These posts not just gave us the usual beautiful faces and compelling insights, but also taught us...
1) THAT JUST DUCKING, COVERING UP, HOLDING ONTO SOMETHING, AND EVACUATING AREN'T ENOUGH
2) THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE NOW FAMOUS GIVEN ANNE'S HUGE SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING
3) THAT TENNIS COURTS ARE GOOD OPEN SPACES TO HEAD TO
4) THAT STRETCHERS ARE INDISPENSABLE
5) THAT NOT ALL ROADS ARE CLEARED DURING AN EARTHQUAKE
6) THAT THE DUCK-COVER-HOLD ROUTINE COULD BE THIS PLEASANT TO WATCH
7) THAT THERE ARE STILL REASONS TO WATCH MMDA CHAIRMAN ATTY. FRANCIS TOLENTINO
8) THAT DISASTERS ENTAIL SOME PRETTY PRESSING QUESTIONS
Met Mla lacks open spaces for emergency evac. In real quake, wl private golf courses allow masses to occupy? #MMShakeDrill— howie severino (@Howieseverino) July 30, 2015
Trying to figure out quake evac plan. If you're in the middle of Makati 2 floors away from the roof—up or down after quake? #mmshakedrill— sarah meier (@sarah_meier) July 27, 2015Continue reading below ↓
9) THAT SELFIES (IN THIS CASE, A GROUPFIE) AREN'T TO BE MISSED, ONLY IF YOU'RE ALREADY IN A SAFE PLACE
10) THAT TOO MUCH SHAKING CAUSES A LOT OF #HUGOT
Para tayong tectonic plates, minsan na nga lang magtagpo, mag wawasakan pa.— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Hindi naman ako fault line bat mo ako iniiwasan?— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Earthquake drill ba ako? Ha? Pinagpractican mo lang puso ko? Ganun?— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Earthquake drill ka ba? Kasi kahit anong precautionary measures gawin ko wasak na wasak pa din ako sayo #arayQuOhb3h— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Earthquake ka ba kasi kahit pagtapos mo umalis sa buhay ko ang dami pa din aftershock #arayQuOhb3h— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Earthquake ka ba kasi di ko alam kung kelan ka susulpot— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Not that she's not taking this seriously...
No but seriously, ingat guys. <3— Joyce Pring (@joycepring) July 30, 2015
Our major takeaway? Don't be a KJ!