tumblr youtube spotify email website pinterest googleplus
Oct 11, 2014
Shares
Share Tweet 0 Comments

So the MRT overshot Taft Avenue Station, had one of its doors pop open in the middle of EDSA, and twice encountered a broken rail, all of which happened in less than 60 days. No wonder the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) is now exploring the possibility of shutting it down.

Transportation Secretary Jun Abaya said he's willing to shut down the Metro Railway Transit-3 system if needed to catch up on maintenance work. That sounds like a good plan, especially since the MRT only has three rails left in its depot. But what about the 550,000 passengers who ride the train every day? There are not enough buses and cabs in the metro to service these commuters!


Video via GMA News

"There would be no talk of shutdown if the trains were being maintained properly," says MRT Holdings spokesman David Narvasa, who claims that the DOTC ignored their plea for a railway rehabilitation operation earlier this year. "We do not understand why they refuse to speak with us." Now look where it got us!

Worse, the DOTC intends to fix the problem by implementing a near-100 percent fare increase, which is set to take effect this December. Wait, so they're making our commuting lives miserable AND are charging us more for it? Galing!

A word of advice to the head honchos of the government: Listen to what Pinoy netizens have to say! We know everything's going to work out in our favor in the long run, but this is just too much too soon. One delubyo at a time, please?

In case it's not that obvious yet, this is a cry for help, Sec. Jun Abaya and company. Heck, this is what the country thinks of you:


NEXT: We taxpayers deserve better service 


COMMENTS

LATEST STORIES

LOAD MORE STORIES