A writer over at fashion site Styleite felt curious about how guys on Tinder would react to a woman bluntly admitting that she was on her period. So she, Eliza Dillard, signed up on the application to find out.
Surprisingly, many of the responses showed sympathy and were nice about the whole thing as opposed to the negative comments that their readers, us included, expected.
And then it dawned on us: How would Filipinos react? To find out, we conducted the same experiment. We got our female writer, Rose Hogaza, to sign up on Tinder, strike a conversation with a couple of guys, and then drop The Period Bomb.
Below are their conversations!
1) THE ONE WITH THE GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE
2) THE ONE WHO DOESN'T NEED AN APOLOGY
3) THE ONE GIVING OUT HUGS ON TINDER
4) THE ONE WHO WOULD DO ANYONE ANYTHING
5) THE ONE WHO EQUATES THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE WITH DEATH
6) THE ONE WITH A BETTER PLAN
7) THE PERSISTENT ONE
8) THE ONE WITH THE TINDERRIFIC CONVERSATION STARTER
9) THE ONE WHO PROBABLY JUST WENT BACK TO PLAYING DOTA
10) THE ONE WHO ISN'T HELPING AT ALL
11) THE ONE WHO LIKES ABS (AND WHATEVER THE HELL FRIOT YOGURT IS)
12) THE ONE WITH THE SUAVE MOVES
13) THE OPTIMIST
14) THE ONE WHO TRIES TO SAVE THE CONVERSATION AFTER ESSENTIALLY SAYING "EWW, TMI!"
15) THE ONE WHO REALLY, REALLY HAD THE HOTS FOR OUR STAFF WRITER. PERIOD OR NO PERIOD
16) THE ONE WHOSE DATA CONNECTION PROBABLY LAGS A LITTLE
17) THE ONE WHO SIMPLY CANNOT, AND JUST SIMPLY UPPED AND LEFT
Which of these respondents would you have been like the most?
Is it an issue for you if the girl you just met on Tinder suddenly blurts out that she's on her period?
If these conversations mean anything, it's that the red flag ain't that big of a deal-breaker on Tinder. The way the majority of these guys responded, the period seems like it's just a temporary barrier that won't prevent people from hooking up.