Former Presidents Fidel Ramos, Joseph Estrada, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, and Benigno Aquino III, and incumbent president Rodrigo Duterte converged on Wednesday at the Malacañang Palace for a National Security Council meeting.
It was the first time such power emanated from a single room—or more appropriately, a photo—as the past and present top national leaders met with several other committees to discuss the betterment of the country. Duterte reportedly called the assembly, which also included Vice President Leni Robredo, Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III and House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez, following the arbitral tribunal's favorable ruling regarding the South China Sea dispute.
The historic gathering was met with mostly positive response, even if it was tainted with talk of discord among some of the country's former top dogs. Good thing the ever-playful world of social media knew what needed to be done with the iconic image to lighten the mood. We rank the best Photoshop interpretations of the striking presidential photo.
10) The quintessential execution: hero ensemble a la One Piece nakama
9) If the editor was able to render the five in tank tops and make them hold the assault rifles, this may have ended up higher
8) Because a simple Mount Rushmore isn't enough
7) A president is basically a patsy (then Leni would be the perfect Harley Quinn)
6) Plus points for nostalgia
5) The resemblances are scarily uncanny (especially the one on the far right)
4) Best way to draw parallels between the power struggle in the show and from what really happened
3) The killer title makes up for the irrelevant Rody, Erap, and FVR superimposition
2) The only difference is that Dao Ming Si, Hua Ze Lei, Mei Zuo, and Xi Men had fuller hair. (Did we really just name all members of F4?)
1) Which strategy game cheat code is the better caption: "Power overwhelming" (StarCraft) or "I see dead people" (Warcraft)?