Sorry, no results were found for
Here's What We Know So Far About The 'Train To Busan' Sequel
More zombies, please
by Emmanuel Calingacion | Aug 14, 2018
Most Popular

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! WE REPEAT: THIS. IS. NOT. A. DRILL. Your favorite Korean zombie movie, Train to Busan, might just be having a sequel!

That story of diverse and interesting characters stuck on a careening train during the middle of a zombie outbreak in Seoul captured the hearts (and brains) of of horror fans not only in Korea, but all over the world.

South Korean director Yeon Sang-ho is working on a followup to the worldwide phenomenon that premiered as a Midnight Screening flick at Cannes in 2016. Although there hasn’t been much details about the sequel, here’s what we know so far.

Bando

Director Yeon Sang-ho said in an interview that the movie won’t be entitled Train to Busan 2, or anything that has to do with trains for that matter—you can only go so far with that. The current working title is Bando, which means peninsula. For sure, that would offer so much more freedom of movement in action for the characters and their brain-loving foes. Epic fight scenes on the way?

Timeline

The director went on to say that this will be a direct sequel, meaning it will pick up where the first movie left off.

"It is an extension of Train To Busan, after the virus has spread throughout Korea,” he said in the same report. “It shares the same worldview and is a zombie action film that deals with the aftermath on the peninsula of what happened in Train To Busan."

Cast

Sadly, Sang-ho confirmed that the characters nor the cast will be returning for the sequel. That means Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, badass Don Lee and co. won’t be reprising their roles in this one. Still, that’s what they all say and then they surprise us with cameos and whatnot. Not us Sang-ho, not us.

Continue reading below ↓

Progress

Right now, the sequel is still a plan and a concept, but the director said that he is in the process of writing the script right now. Whether he’s just started or he’s towards the end already, we don’t know. All we can do is now is speculate. But Sang-ho admitted that he aims to start shooting next year, hopefully at the very beginning 2019.

View other articles about:
Most Popular
Latest Stories
Most Popular