The '90s was a good time to be a PBA fan. Not to take away anything from today's players, but the '90s brand of basketball had a street-like nastiness to it that we don't always see in today's finesse game.
It was a time of Patrimonio-style pangangalabaw, Alaska-powered Grand Slam championships, Marlou Aquino dominance, Victor Pablo posterizations, and Flying Tanks (we'll get to that in a while!).
To relive those glory days, we put together the most amazing highlights of that decade and put them in GIF form for another round of FHM MAKES YOU FEEL #TANDERS! Big thanks to YouTube user bryanlim for posting the original vids!
Now, let's travel back to the wonderful time in the PBA when...
1) No one could stop the agile 6'9" Marlou Aquino in his prime
2) The Boybits Victoria to Kenneth Duremdes connection was well and alive
3) The best Paras dunker in the country was not named Kobe
4) Jun Limpot had the magical shot-making ability of a guard
Young Coach Chot likes it!
5) Noli Locsin proved that tanks could fly
6) Bal David made miracle shots
7) The Bull, Nelson Asaytono, had dreams of being Michael Jordan
8) ...and could make a shot after sitting on Nic Belasco
You enjoy that moment, big guy!
9) Jaworski still had his passing magic
10) Dodot did his best to emulate his dad