Here's the remainder of the 35-point list. Happy birthday PBA!
[firstpara]19. Created in 2006, the Jun Bernardino Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Philippine Cup Finals. Previously known as the “Perpetual Trophy,” the trophy is 14-karat gold and worth P500,000 and was created by Filipino National Artist Ramon Orlina. Only the team that wins the Philippine Cup three successive times will permanently keep the trophy
20. Ato Agustin is the only player in the history of the PBA to win both the Most Improved Player (1991) and Most Valuable Player (1993).
21. The first white American import to play in the PBA was John Kazmer, who saw action for U/Tex in 1981.
22. Franz Pumaren was the first player to convert a four-point play in the PBA. He did it while playing for guest team Northern Consolidated Cement in 1985.
23. Bench warmers Lou Regidor (San Miguel, 1995) and Gilbert Castillo (San Miguel, 1996) were just among the few players who got to play in just one game.
24. In 1984, Ramon Fernandez scored an amazing triple-double with 44 points, 17 rebounds & 15 assists when his team Beer Hausen defeated Northern Consolidated Cement in overtime, 122-117.
25. On five different occasions, two title-less teams faced each other for their very first PBA crown: 1984 All-Filipino: Great Taste and Beer Hausen, 1985 Reinforced: Northern Consolidated Cement and Manila Beer, 1986 Open: Ginebra and Manila Beer, 1990 Reinforced: Purefoods and Alaska, 1992 Reinforced: Swift and 7-Up.
26. In 1998, Robert Jaworski became the oldest professional basketball player in the world at 52.
COMPILED BY: B.A. BORLEO
ILLUSTRATION: ANTONIO ONGCHAP, JR.