Nothing goes as well with watching football as boozing. So for the upcoming Azkals matches at the 2012 Suzuki Cup, why not add some method to the madness and make a drinking game out of it?
Rules are simple, always nurse a regular drink, like a beer, watch for our pre-determined moments, and down the appropriate number of shots when it indeed happens. We’d like to remind you that FHM isn’t responsible for any crazy shit that happens after every chug (but we don’t mind taking the credit for a fun time) and that there should be no bathroom breaks—except at halftime—since there are no timeouts in football!
Catch the Azkals games live on AKTV and Hyper. The Philippine-Thai match is set at 9:20 p.m. on November 24; the Vietnam match is on Nov. 27 at 6:30 p.m.; and Nov. 30 against Myanmar at 9:20 p.m.
PART I: IN THE FINAL THIRD
You know how football gets more exciting when the ball hits a team's goal area? Well, it's the same with our drinking game!
1. Drink two shots every time a goal is scored, three for an Azkal goal, and five if Phil Younghusband scores. Because that guy is a goal machine no matter the off-pitch drama surrounding him.
2. Drink one shot whenever Azkals captain Chieffy Caligdong whips a cross into the opponent's penalty box. Left foot, right foot–doesn’t matter, Chieffy sends 'em balls in like a boss.
3. Drink one shot whenever defender Jason Sabio hurls in a long throw-in. Then discuss with your footie-mad pals whether it is good technique or just a mad set of guns that makes that kind of distance he gets on it possible.
4. Drink two shots if forward Angel Guirado takes a long shot. He’s got a mean kick in him, that one. Take one shot if anyone sends the ball into Row Z.
5. Drink two shots if wingback Jeffrey Christiaens pulls an ankle breaker. This also applies to fellow new attackers OJ Porteria and OJ Clarino—aside from having the same name, they both like to dribble people inside out. Double your shots it if their defender falls flat on his bum. Afterwhich, laugh maniacally.
*Speaking of namesakes, if both Angeles boys (Marwin and Marvin) are on the pitch, double all shots!
IMAGE FRON SUPERMAN III (WARNER BROS.)