Listen up, fight fans! Round 2 of the #FightOfTheCentury just became a tad closer to reality!
In an SMS sent to ESPN host Stephen A. Smith, Floyd Mayweather said that he's willing to fight Manny Pacquiao again. We may have to play the waiting game for a bit though as the text message read: "I'm willing to fight him in a year after his surgery." YAY?
Photo via Toprank.com
ICYMI, it has been revealed that Pacquiao suffered a right shoulder rotator cuff injury in a sparring session before the May 2 blockbuster. His camp, however, failed to disclose the injury, and Pacquiao is in hot water because of it. He could face sanctions for not giving the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) a heads-up on his injury before the fight. NSAC chairman Francisco Aguilar said they'll look into the issue and consult with the Attorney General of Nevada on possible actions. Ouch!
We're also interested about what Mayweather Sr. thinks of the whole his-son-agreeing-for-a-rematch thing as he's previously said there's no need for it. Pacquiao's willingness though is never in question as both he and Freddie Roach have stated they want a go at it again. In fact, just earlier today, Pacquiao sat firmly in the affirmative when asked about Floyd's beckoning.
Video via GMA News and Public Affairs