Tattered jeans aren't a new thing. Like most anything in fashion, they come and go. And currently, they just so happen to be in.
BUT don't rip apart your new blue jeans just yet! Learn about the basics here first!
PART I: THE TATTERED JEANS COMMANDMENTS
1) Tattered jeans aren't just made for the streets. You can actually wear it to the beach, clubs, and other special occasions—as long you pair it the right way.
2) Tank tops make for a great pairing if you’re going to the beach. Go for tops with something busy such as aztec prints or bright colors to match your distressed jeans fun vibe.
3) For late night parties, the technique is to pair it with a simple white tee. This draws the attention on your fancy jeans rather than your upper body.
4) If those holes, shreds, and tears make you feel, erm, exposed, pair it with a hoodie. (P.S. Don't try this during summer!)
5) For special occasions like an anniversary or dinner with family, up the class factor a bit by pairing your jeans with a button-down shirt.
PART II: HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN
Good-looking ripped jeans can cost a bunch. But if you think you're handy with a pair of scissors, you can actually do it yourself!
Here's a video to help you out:
PART III: THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR OF 'EM ALL, DO GIRLS LIKE IT?
Done right, shooting for a trendy look can make you look good and maybe even score you points from the ladies. So, to help you decide whether or not you should give this latest fad a try, we asked some gorgeous ladies what they think about tattered jeans.
Here are their answers: