Christmas is just around the corner. Traffic is sure to be very heavy and expect the malls to be jam-packed because everyone’s busy buying presents for their especial someone.
So why not go online shopping? Well, there are actually a couple of reasons NOT TO:
1) OLX/Sulit shopping with its "meetup in Cubao area only" hassle.
2) Buying online and swallowing a ridiculous amount of tax when it hits Customs.
3) Buying online and having to trek to the Post Office because they refuse to deliver it straight to your door.
4) Said Post Office goons opening or “losing” your package.
5) Online site simply doesn’t ship to our backwater country.
However, these three shopping sites are giving us a ton of hope:
Stocks very up-to-date streetwear looks, thus dispelling the notion that online stores only stock loser shit. If you’re hopelessly paranoid about credit card theft, Pormada (and Lazada) offer the godsend that is cash-on-delivery.
Until Amazon Philippines happens, this is not a bad place to get electronics and other non-clothing items, too. If exclusivity is a big thing to you, their in-house brand LZD is designed for Asian climes and is available…well, only online.
Not a store but a freight forwarder–they’ll receive the item for you in the US and ship it over for easy pickup at SM Megamall (or their other offices). They’re like a friend abroad you pester to buy stuff for you—except you don’t need to worry about overloading their baggage allowance.