White sneakers are the perfect canvas for any outfit. You can go '90s with velcros or laid back with Chucks or sporty with Air Maxs. Here are nine ways you can switch it up with what you already have in your closet.
1) Don’t overthink it. You can’t go wrong with well-cut jeans and a tee—not even when your shoes aren’t squeaky clean.
Formula: Tee + jeans + white sneakers
2) If you stick to basics, you’ll have more room to try something different—like oversized pants or printed shoes. There’s a number of ways to play with a look this muted; the first of which is your white sneakers don’t have to be all-white.
Formula: Oxford shirt + oversize jeans + white sneakers
3) You can even dial it all the way up with the latest trend—patches and embroidery! To balance it all out, you can wear it with simpler pieces to tone down the look.
Formula: Patch jacket + ripped jeans + white sneakers
4) Or you can kick it back old school with a camp collar shirt. Bonus swag points for campy prints! Think Bruno Mars. Versace on the... you get the picture.
Formula: Camp shirt + cropped trousers + white sneakers
5) Just make sure to wear it with slimmer silhouettes, so it doesn’t have that tito vibe. Pair it with trendier pieces so the get-up doesn’t age you.
Formula: Floral polo shirt + jogging pants + white sneakers
6) On weekends, you can wear them with tube socks and shorts. Or you know, for when you run out of hidden socks. Plus, you know what that oversized sweatshirt is good for? Hiding your beer belly. That’s what.
Formula: Oversize sweatshirt + shorts + tube socks + white sneakers
7) Just your go-to hoodie can work as well. Cuff your jeans if you feel like showing those shoes off.
Formula: Hoodie + tee + jeans + white sneakers
8) For work, hybrids are a nice in-between, like this cross of a penny loafer with a vulcanized sole. Just wear them with office staples, like chinos and a patterned polo.
Formula: Short-sleeve polo + chinos + white sneakers
9) Ground the look with dark colored modern essentials like a pair of joggers and an Americana jacket. Give the look that personal touch with an accessory like a gold watch. Frosty!
Formula: Workwear jacket + polo shirt + joggers + white sneakers
Producer and Stylist Vincent Ong Assistants Anthea Reyes and Kristina Lim Photography Eve Baswel Grooming Epo Sindayen Model Paolo Carino Special thanks to Tintin Mercado