On behalf of the FHM nation: We love you, Comedy King! Good times, sir. Good times.
1. Being a father is a privilege. Having 18 kids is a greater one.
2. Living long enough to see your grandkids is the greatest.
3. “Hahawakan ko yung kamay, pag binigay, eh di okay. Pag inalis, eh di hindi okay. Pero pag inalis nang dahan-dahan, pakipot pa yun.”
4. His former screen name: Golay.
5. If there’s a Daddy-O, there’s a Baby-O.
6. Playing a transvestite in your 70s: precious.
7. Sons playing transvestites in the same film: priceless.
8. Doing gay roles while being a ladies’ man in real life: amazing.
9. “Hindi ako masyadong nagdaramdam maski siraan mo ako. Mas masasaktan pa ako pag anak ko ang sinisiraan mo o asawa ko.”
10. Parody films are the best kind of comedy in the 60s.
11. “Kung uukol, talagang bubukol. Masagwa kung lalakarin mo.”
12. “Problema ay may remedy, basta’t may konting comedy.”
13. “Sa mga anak kong babae ngayon, labasan nang labasan. Ang sinasabi ko lang, “Just don’t get pregnant.” Hindi ko puwedeng sabihing wag silang makipagtalik.”
14. “Kumapit ka, kumapit ka, kung ayaw mong magkabukol.”
15. “Basta’t sa iyong paghahain, huwag kalimutan ang lampin.”
16. Always act like an antipatiko when Bernardo Bernardo is around.
17. You can always turn your underdog looks into a money-making comedy empire.
18. He doesn’t like being called a “king”.
19. The funniest sitcoms can stand the test of time, even Martial Law.
20. It’s his honor as a comedian to be insulted by Panchito.
Next: Dolphy and Panchito
ADDITIONAL SOUND BITES FROM YES! MAGAZINE