We've had our rousing primer on the pioneering event of the AsiaPOP Comicon, held on September 18-20 at the World Trade Center in Pasay, and on paper, the pop culture gathering seemed very much worth your while.
What we didn't expect though is that the actual affair proved to be one for the books, and by the way people were having fun and the amount of awesome stuff in it, it's safe to say that we'll be having a 2016 edition. Book it!
With this in mind (and, if you didn't attend, as a way to say you should've been there), we, the geeks-at-heart of FHM HQ listed down a handful of things we really didn't expect to see in the festivities. These surprised us and, ultimately, made the whole shindig even more special.
1) A MOUNTABLE LIFE-SIZE HULKBUSTER
2) IRON MAN AND ULTRON, BUT IN AWKWARD SIZES AND PROPORTIONS
3) THIS STRANGE MIX OF ADORABLE AND ABOMINABLE...
...from top-notch toy artisans Chris Ryniak and Amanda Louise Spayd.
4) THIS IRON MAIDEN-LOOKING FIGURINE
Hand-forged by the one and only J*RYU.
5) THIS UNUSUAL SET OF HEADS
Obviously not our favorite part of the convention.
6) THIS SICK DRAWING TABLET
From the folks at Intuos Comic!
7) DESPITE THE HI-TECH DEVICE YOU JUST SAW, GUESTS STILL DOODLED ON WALLS...
8) ...AND EVEN ON CARS!
9) JUST A COUPLE OF HELLUVA BIG SCREENS
Wherein an exclusive trailer of Captain America: Civil War and League of Legends games were shown.
10) COMPETITIVE CARD TABLES
Magic: The Gathering, represent!
11) A HUMAN FOOSBALL SET
12) CROWDED COMIC BOOK STALLS
13) ACTRESS NATHALIE EMMANUEL IS SO DAMN FINE (AND WE MEAN SERIOUSLY STUNNING)
In case you're a Game of Thrones virgin, she plays the character of Missandei in the hit TV series.
14) A STORMTROOPER AND KYLO REN (INSIDE A GLASS BOX)
16) RANDOM SWORD FIGHTS
17) THE WHOLE POKEMON GANG
...with a Team Rocket Grunt on the side.
18) TEAM ADVENTURE TIME!
And most importantly...
19) (COSPLAY) BABES!