President-elect Rodrigo Duterte's official First Family is almost complete.
In a press conference, Duterte said he was only looking for a few more members to complete his Cabinet, GMA News reported.
Among the positions he's aiming to fill soon include department heads for Health, Tourism, and Natural Resources.
Duterte added that he's also still looking for people to head the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority and the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.
When asked what position he might give to Vice President-elect Leni Robredo, Duterte admitted that he doesn’t have anything to offer her right now. He explained further that he didn’t want to give Robredo a position because his friend, defeated vice presidential candidate Senator Bongbong Marcos will be hurt.
However, Duterte said he also doesn’t see appointing Marcos to any position whose family he stated he owes a political debt to.
Those who have been previously selected by Duterte include
- Salvador Medialdea, Executive Secretary
- Leoncio Evasco Jr., Secretary to the Cabinet
- Salvador Panelo, Presidential Spokesperson
- Emmanuel Piñol, Agriculture
- Benjamin Diokno, Budget and Management
- Leonor Briones, Education
- Perfecto Yasay Jr., Foreign Affairs
- Vitaliano Aguirre II, Justice
- Mark Villar, Public Works and Highways
- Arthur Tugade, Transportation
- Carlos Dominguez, Finance
- Silvestre Bello III, Labor and Employment
- Alfonso Cusi, Energy
- Hermogenes Esperon Jr., National Security Adviser
- Chief Superindent Ronald Dela Rosa, Philippine National Police Chief
- Lt. Gen. Ricardo Visaya, Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief
- Jose Calida, Solicitor General
- Ernesto Pernia, National Economic and Development Authority
- Jesus Dureza, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Col. Rolly Bautista, Presidential Security Group Commander
- Andrea Domingo, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation
- Mike Diño, Presidential Assistant for the Visayas