Sorry, no results were found for
Duterte Threatens To Lift Ceasefire After NPA Ambush
The President is demanding an explanation from the Communist Party of the Philippines
by Pauline Denisse Rivera | Jul 29, 2016
Most Popular

President Rodrigo Duterte aired his displeasure with the New People’s Army after learning that the rebel group allegedly ambushed government militiamen. Digong declared a unilateral ceasefire during his first State of the Nation Address (SONA) on Monday.

In a press conference, Duterte called out the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) for the death of a Citizen Armed Force Geographical Unit (CAFGU) member, GMA News reported.

“If you do not honor [the ceasefire] or you kill a single soldier or a CAFGU, which is also a soldier of the Republic, eh sabi ko kalimutan na natin ito. Fight na lang,” he said. “I am demanding an explanation from the Communist Party of the Philippines.”

Duterte said the best solution for the mess was to have both the government and the CPP discipline their respective troops. The Armed Forces of the Philippines had earlier halted its operations against the communist rebels following the President’s order.

However, the CPP did not officially reciprocate the act and only instructed their troops to assume a defensive position.

MORE FROM FHM.COM.PH

On Wednesday, NPA members allegedly assaulted the CAFGU in Davao del Norte which resulted in one dead and four others injured on the government’s side.

 

Most Popular
Latest Stories
Most Popular