FHM Philippines made the news earlier this week, courtesy of former FHM babe Althea Altamirano. Ms. Altamirano was among the suspects arrested for the murder of commercial model Julie Anne "Jaja" Rodelas last Monday, November 5.
According to this report, Rodelas was abducted and killed as a "lesson" for allegedly spreading the rumor that Althea already has two children (based on reports, Althea and Julie Anne were apparently best friends who had a falling out). Rodelas's body was left on 18th Avenue in Murphy, Quezon City at 5:30 a.m. on November 6. She reportedly died from a gunshot wound.
According to a statement made by Altamirano after her arrest on November 10, it was her 32-year old boyfriend Fernando Quiambao who carried out the killing. "Pumayag lang po ako na turuan lang ng leksyon. Di ko akalain na papatayin," said the 23-year old Altamirano, FHM's September 2010 Girlfriend of the Month. Altamirano and Quiambao, along with two other men, are now facing murder charges. For a more detailed report on this story, click here.
With news outlets repeatedly citing Altamirano's stint as a model for FHM Philippines, we decided to do a little digging of our own on our archives. We hereby state that the statements presented below are of no relevance or significance to the murder case, nor does it have anything to do with Altamirano's relationship with Rodelas. These are mere personal details we can share to those who would like to know our association with the model. (This also serves as our final and forever answer to the question everyone's asking us lately: "Ano ba alam ninyo kay Althea Altamirano?")
So, here’s what we know about Althea:
(1) One FHM staffer present during Althea’s photoshoot for FHM's September 2010 issue observed that Althea appeared to be a free-spirited individual. Our staffer adds that Althea seems to be very comfortable with her body. In fact, during a break in the shoot, said staffer witnessed Althea gorging on a slice of pizza while completely topless, wearing nothing but the lower half of her lingerie. (This, of course, is a somewhat regular occurence in sexy photoshoots, especially if the model is "free-spirited." FHM staffers though prefer to keep their tops on while eating. Always.)
(2) Another FHM staffer recalls hearing Althea say during her interview for the magazine that she doesn’t have children, and is not planning on conceiving or having children in the near future.
(3) The stylist for Althea's shoot also remembers the model being quite firm with what she wants. "She was very precise with her choice of lingerie outfits, insisting on the ones that she thought would work and discarding the ones that didn't match her taste," says our stylist. Well, at least she knows what she wants.
(4) Althea was also present during FHM Bikini Heaven 2011, a beach party held along the shores of Boracay early last year. She served as one of the promo girls for one of the brands co-sponsoring the event. We don't have any idea whether her former friend turned victim Julie Anne Rodelas was also present at the event.
(5) Finally, we know for a fact that Althea’s biggest pet peeve is lying. Says the suspect during her FHM interview: “I dislike men who are too strict and are experts at lying.” Furthermore, we also have no idea if she was already dating fellow suspect Fernando Quiambao at the time of her shoot. But she did say during our interview that the longest relationship she had at that point lasted three years. Althea was just 20 years old at the time of the interview.
And now, for the other netizens, mirons, media people, or those just curious folk asking what Althea looks like, we refer you to the gallery below. No more questions, please.