To quote the highly esteemed UFC philosopher Bruce Buffer: "IT'S TIIIIIIIIIME!"
To vote, that is. The polling precincts are open; candidates are anxious; citizens are finally able to put their money where their mouths have been over the past few months; and to many, it's a welcome end to what has been an arduous path that has splintered friendships the nation over.
Above all, for one day at least, Filipinos will wear one thing in common: a blotch of blue on their finger, proof of suffrage in action. It's a mark that people will proudly be wearing for the next few days. Do you have yours? These people in Instagram certainly have theirs already. Check out the types of "finger-selfies" we've already spotted:
1) The "FIRST!" finger-selfie
Actress Dianne Medina was the first to vote at her precinct at the Tandang Sora Elementary School—and she wants to make sure that you know it.
2) The "This-Is-How-You-Pose-With-A-Finger" finger-selfie
3) The "Let's Vote In" finger-selfie
4) The "Shoe-fie" finger-selfie
5) The "Tinipid-Sa-Tinta" finger-selfie
6) The "Hindi-Tinipid-Sa-Tinta" finger-selfie
7) The "Hinding-Hindi-Talaga-Tinipid-Sa-Tinta" finger-selfie
8) The "Camouflaged" finger-selfie
9) The "Look-Over-Yonder" finger-selfie
10) The "Product-Endorsing" finger-selfie
11) The "Artsy" finger-selfie
12) The "Face-Hugger" finger-selfie
13) The "Individualist" finger-selfie
14) The "Snapchatter" finger-selfie
15) The "Nosepicker" finger-selfie