Listen up, gearheads: The National Association of Filipino Off-Roaders (NASFOR) and North Trend Marketing recently launched the country's biggest invitational off-road competition, the 2014 Extreme Off-Road Challenge, also known as the Maxxis 4X4 Cup!
The first leg took place last January 25-26 in Cebu City. To those who are interested to join, here's the schedule of the next legs:
- March 8-9 - Koronadal City, South Cotobato
- March 23-24 - Davao City, Davao
- April - Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (exact date to be announced)
- May 24-25 - Naga City, Camarines Sur
- June - Javier City, Leyte (exact date to be announced)
- July - Dipolog City, Zamboanga Del Norte (exact date to be announced)
- August 2-3 - Davao City, Davao
- August 16-17 - Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- September - Digos City, Davao del Sur (exact date to be announced)
- October - Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental (exact date to be announced)
- November - Angeles City, Pampanga (exact date to be announced)
- December - Philippine Tough Truck Challenge (exact date to be announced)
So here's what happened: A platoon of competitive off-road enthusiasts took their machong-machong off-track 4X4's into a grueling track filled with mud pits, steep mud mounds, and dust clouds. Then they all shouted, "Good luck na lang sa maglalaba ng damit ko!"
After two days of mud-filled racing, one man stood as the fastest of them all and was declared the grand winner of the Cebu leg. Edison Dungca of Kapampangan Racing Team (KRT) finished the race with an overall time of 11 minutes and 38.44 seconds—more than 10 minutes faster than the dude who finished last. Congrats, pakner!
Race winner Edison Dunca with North Trend Marketing executives and
the real reasons why we graced the Cebu leg, the Maxxis Babes
Hit the gallery below to see more of the muddy, testosterone-filled action from the first leg of Maxxis 4X4 Cup!